US work authorization (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Forklift: 1 year (Preferred)
Day Shift (Preferred)
Forklift Certification (Preferred)
Full Job Description
WBDC seeks to hire a Warehouse Associate at our busy warehouse location in Alpharetta, GA. WBDC Warehouse Associates play an integral role by ensuring product is received, stored, stocked and shipped effectively and efficiently to our valued customers. As a Warehouse Associate team member, your duties may encompass any function within the inbound or outbound order fulfillment areas. This could include daily tasks like filling orders and requisitions for stock, operating a forklift or pallet jack and/or restocking inventory. Well-qualified individuals will have a willingness to learn and take on new tasks; possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and display a positive, can-do attitude when faced with challenges. Experience of distribution center/warehousing concepts is a plus but not required for these entry-level positions. If you thrive as a member of a team, take pride in the quality and accuracy of your work and enjoy a fast-paced work environment, this is the opportunity to start your career!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reads customer order, shipping order or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Opens crates, and other containers.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within warehouse to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for packaging and shipping by other workers.
- Uses computer to enter records.
- Prepares parcels for distribution and loads shipping trucks.
- Other duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- **MUST** be reliable, punctual and able to work extended hours (if required) based on company needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with an energetic attitude is of utmost importance
- Highly motivated with ability to complete tasks quickly
- Possess a sense of personal accountability for assigned duties and take pride in your work
- Basic computer skills, such as data entry, internet navigation and searches, Google Suite skills email, are necessary to enter shipping and receiving records and create the necessary labels for shipments
Long hours of work may be necessary, depending on workload and season. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and stand or walk for long periods of time. Punctuality and good attendance are a necessity to promote a positive team environment and accomplish ongoing goals.
As one of the fastest growing wholesale distributors of aftermarket parts and accessories we believe in working hard and playing harder. We sell fun products, delivering to a nationwide network of dealers from multiple warehouse locations around the country. WBDC is committed to the lives of our employees.. We provide a 401K and ROTH 401K with 100% company match to 3%; Vacation, Sick and Hospital paid time; competitive pay and an exciting work experience!
- From $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Alpharetta, GA 30005 (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Forklift: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- Forklift Certification (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- One location